|Youll be responsible for SoC power estimation, simulation, roll-up and measurement. This is an end-to-end role that starts with architectural assessment and continues through the design and post-silicon phases. It also includes documenting power-related specifications in datasheets and working with customers on power-related topics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Early-phase architectural power estimation using spreadsheet models, process technology scaling data, IP specifications, and comparison to existing products
- Design-phase simulation/extraction and roll-up of power projections using analysis/estimation tools such as ptpx, redhawk and voltus. Iterate/improve the estimates as more accurate design collateral becomes available.
- Silicon measurement of power across use cases. Extract static and dynamic components and build models that can be used to project power for new configurations (frequency, voltage, etc.).
- Correlate silicon measurements to pre-silicon estimates in order to improve the pre-silicon estimation methodology
- Provide input to datasheet on how power specifications should be documented including max current by voltage rail, TDP by voltage rail, etc.
- Support applications engineering teams in customer engagement related to power topics
Who Youll Work With:
- SoC architects during the project feasibility phase
- SoC design engineers (logic design as well as physical design) during the chip development phase.
- Applications and silicon validation engineers during the post-silicon phase, and for customer engagement.
Ideal Skill Set:
- You have a solid understanding of SoC power estimation methodologies, starting with high-level architectural approaches and continuing through EDA-based power extraction/simulation and lab measurements.
- You have knowledge and experience with power analysis tools like PTPX, redhawk, and Voltus.
- You can define and implement a methodology to estimate/simulate power at individual block level and then roll it up at SoC level
- You are familiar with power measurement methods and have experience in working with post-silicon teams to define and execute a power characterization plan.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and experience/desire to engage with customers
- You have at least a BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering. MS is preferrable, as is 10+ years of experience.