- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Solid understanding of L2 & L3 networking protocols.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols as well as a deep understanding of IPSec VPN.
- Solid understanding of user authentication protocols, such as LDAP and Radius.
- Strong understanding of testing Network Security applications (Firewall, IPS, IDS, Vulnerability)·
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network design and implementation strategies and methods.
- Hands-on experience with major Operating Systems such as UNIX, Linux, and all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Familiar with HA (High availability), State synchronization, Network Clustering.
- Demonstrated ability to use in-depth technical knowledge to resolve or workaround issues using troubleshooting tools i.e. WireShark, Netmon, etc.
- Experience using various types of test equipment such as IXIA/BreakingPoint and Spirent, as well as having a very clear understanding of testing methodologies.
- Experience in defining testing requirements and setting up the required testbeds and labs to replicate bugs and problems.
- Ability to work independently in a high-level stress and interrupt driven environment
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Bachelor degree in EE/CS in related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years minimum of Escalation Engineer experience preferred